The encyclopedia of life

Source : ABC News
Links : http://abcnews.go.com/Technology/wireStory?id=3153002

Scientists wants to create an encyclopedia that will catalog all life in this planet and put that informations on the web. And the good news is it will be free. For me, its a good move. At least, the knowledge that is available only to universities and research institutes will be open to the public. But will the public used it? Because nowadays people is lean more towards entertainment than knowledge (including me). And also will the encyclopedia will become as 'encyclopedia for scientists' only? Meaning that, the terms and sentences in the encyclopedia only scientists can understand? Anyway, it is a good move towards building a knowledgeable society. Hopefully many people will benefit from this project.

Note to self : If I ever become richer than today, I will contribute my money towards sustaining this project.

No comments: